||Technical Partner - Per Diem - Bethlehem
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held, physician-owned acute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided
by specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, transitional care units, multi-specialty clinics and walk-in centers. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and
general surgery. In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
- Performs clinical procedures within scope of practice.
- Performs the following tasks according to the standards and facility policy and as assigned:
- Vital signs
- Body weights measuring
- Intake and output measurements
- Specimen collection
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding as needed.
- Transports patients for treatments.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens and make beds.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, documents and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Orients and mentors new staff members as assigned.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Follows treatment plan as directed by licensed personnel.
- Assists with the admitting process and documents on admission database as appropriate.
- Assists with patient mobility to include ambulation and in/out bed and chair transfers as appropriate.
- Accepts responsibility for providing safe, appropriate, quality patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to assist with the equipment and supplies related to emergent patient care, for example: the defibrillator and crash cart.
- Responds to life-saving situations appropriately and according to the standards of BLS protocols as well as hospital policy.
- Restocks pharmacy supplies and unit supplies as needed.
- Performs 1:1 observations as assigned.
- Performs equipment checks and unit specific equipment maintenance duties as appropriate.
- Takes active role in unit based performance improvement.
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development through active participation in inservices and/or continuing education programs.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Coordinated Health Network as well as the proper release of information.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
- Assists as needed with pre-admission testing procedures.
- May be required to rotate to other Coordinated Health locations as assigned.
- Takes direction and assists RN’s with tasks as needed.
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
- CPR certified.
- Works effectively with others.
- Possesses the ability to work under pressure.
Why Coordinated Health:
- The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
- Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers physicians
need to initiate treatment faster.
- World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle, Hand
& Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology, and Primary Care.
||Send This Job to a Friend