||OR Surgical Tech
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held, physician-owned acute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided
by specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, rapid recovery suite, multi-specialty clinics and walk-in centers. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and general
surgery. In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
- Performs surgical scrub and is able to gown and gloves utilizing aseptic technique.
- Prepare the patient for the physician evaluation.
- Prepares the OR for the patient by obtaining the proper equipment and supplies for the procedure by referring to the appropriate pick list.
- Gowns and gloves surgical team members utilizing aseptic technique.
- Sets up the sterile table and mayo stand with appropriate supplies, instruments, medications and solutions necessary for the surgical procedure.
- Selects and handles instruments and supplies used for the operation, passing them to surgeon.
- Delivers medications as ordered to the physician and performs appropriate identification, verification and labeling of medications and solutions on the sterile field.
- Performs appropriate corrective action when necessary including removing broken equipment from use and sending them for repair as per the standards of the facility.
- Responds to life-saving situations appropriately and according to the standards of BLS protocols as well as hospital policy.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies for all surgical procedures, maintains par levels, and orders supplies as per the policy of the facility.
- Cleans and maintains surgical instruments, sending them out for repair as needed.
- May be required to rotate to other Coordinated Health locations as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements:
- CST required.
- CPR/BLS required.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to work effectively with others and have the ability to work under pressure.
- All candidates must share our commitment to ensuring superior patient satisfaction, quality of care, and cost-efficiency.
Why Coordinated Health:
- The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
- Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers physicians
need to initiate treatment faster.
- World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle, Hand
& Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology, and Primary Care.
||Send This Job to a Friend