||Senior Cost Accountant
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held cute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided by specialty
hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, multi-specialty clinics, walk-in centers and a rapid recovery suite. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and general surgery.
In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
The Senior Cost Accountant will be responsible for the appropriate valuation of cost of service in compliance with GAAP, and will develop procedures to facilitate accuracy and timeliness in these valuations. Reporting the the Chief Financial Officer, the Sr
Cost Accountant will perform a wide range of accounting and finance duties to include but not limited to: build the cost accounting module, different level of financial analysis, and general accounting duties.
- Analyze cost drivers and develop solutions for cost savings.
- Determine, analyze and report costs of business projects and record results. Apply principles of cost accounting to develop product costs, labor and overhead rates.
- Record and report on project cost data for use by management.
- Align cost systems and reporting with the business needs, goals, and objectives.
- Prepare & implement complex allocation models.
- Perform month-end closing, account reconciliations, expense analysis, and financial and operational reporting.
- Analyze and prepare reports of actual costs and compares standard costs to actual costs. Performance variance and root-cause analysis. Recommend process improvements and corrective actions for problem areas.
- Provides timely and accurate financial and operational reports.
- Participate in the planning, budgeting, and forecasting process.
- Validate and track site cost reduction initiatives.
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements:
- CPA required.
- Bachelor's degree required; degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. MBA is a plus.
- At least 7 years of accounting experience; cost accounting experience required.
- Understanding of cost inventory management/operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
Why Coordinated Health:
The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers
physicians need to initiate treatment faster.
World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine, Foot
& Ankle, Hand & Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology, and Primary Care.
||Send This Job to a Friend