||Registered Nurse - Pre/Post Op
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held, physician-owned acute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided
by specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, rapid recovery suites, multi-specialty clinics and walk-in centers. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and
general surgery. In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
- Provides nursing care within the RN scope of practice and under the guidance of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Performs in depth, systematic assessment of all assigned patients
- Formulates collaborative and individualized plan of care and identifies expected patient outcomes, using the nursing process.
- Implements, evaluates and documents patient care interventions and effectiveness in accordance with care plan.
- Organizes, coordinates and prioritizes patient care consistently utilizing available resources.
- Initiate the pre-operative documentation.
- Gather pre-operative information including questions regarding allergies, type of surgery, medical conditions and vital signs.
- Communicate with the family members and act as liaison.
- Responds to life-saving situations appropriately and according to the standards of BLS and ACLS protocols as well as hospital policy.
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
- Performs the duties and responsibility of a post-anesthesia care nurse.
- Prepares the post-operative area for patient care by obtaining supplies, and maintaining equipment needed.
- Prepares the patient chart prior to their arrival to the Surgical Hospital and notifies the patients prior to surgery, with the necessary pre-operative patient information.
- Receives patients post-op, applies appropriate monitoring for routine vital signs and receives patient report from the Anesthesiologist.
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program.
- Registered Nurse with current license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania or seek Pennsylvania licensure through reciprocity.
- One year of Pre/Post Op experience required
- Evidence of successful completion of BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Individualized orientation program for all areas.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
Why Coordinated Health:
- The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
- Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers physicians
need to initiate treatment faster.
- World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle, Hand
& Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology, and Primary Care.
||Send This Job to a Friend