||OR Sterilization Tech
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held, physician-owned acute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided
by specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, transitional care units, multi-specialty clinics and walk-in centers. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and
general surgery. In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
Coordinated Health is seeking a sterile processing technician to collect, decontaminate, package and sterilize surgical equipment at our Surgical Specialty Center in Allentown.
- Assists in the care and handling of supplies and equipment in relation to aseptic technique.
- Cleans and maintains (assembles and disassembles) surgical instrumentation, sending them out for repair as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge as related to methods of sterilization and understands the principles relating to each type of sterilization
- Demonstrates knowledge as related to high-level disinfection.
- Demonstrates an understanding of tests required determining the proper functioning of each method of sterilization and/or high-level disinfection.
- Completes all necessary documentation as related to the processes of sterilization and/or High-level disinfection.
- Maintains records and logs associated with the process of sterilization and high-level disinfection.
- Demonstrates knowledge as related to the care and usage of Flash-paks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of event related sterility.
- Assists in the preparation of the OR suite.
- Acquiring supplies for the surgical procedure
- Gathering all necessary equipment for the surgical procedure
- Communicating any needed equipment or supplies to the surgical team in a timely manner
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements:
- Prior healthcare experience/sterilization required.
- Certification preferred.
- Works effectively with others
- Possesses the ability to work under pressure.
Why Coordinated Health:
- The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
- Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers physicians
need to initiate treatment faster.
- World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle, Hand
& Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology, and Primary Care.
||Send This Job to a Friend