||Director of Sports Medicine & Human Performance
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held, physician-owned acute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided
by specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, transitional care units, multi-specialty clinics and walk-in centers. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and
general surgery. In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a winning attitude and proven experience in the following areas:
- Serves as head athletic trainer, clinical expert and thought leader for the prevention and care of student athletes. This includes a holistic approach including prevention, nutrition, physical therapy and return to play.
- Develop evidence-based practices, standards and processes for return to play.
- Communicate and integrate with Orthopedic/Sports Specialists & Sports Primary Care, Care On Demand, Physical Therapy and call-center teams re: student athletes.
- Maintain current policies and procedures for the AT and performance fitness programs
- Stay current on state practice acts and PIAA regulations.
- Works with local colleges and universities to develop accreditation programs and pipeline of new ATCs for both sports and employer-based activities.
- Publishes papers, attends conferences and authors thought leadership.
- Responsible for day to day operational management and oversight of the athletic training, nutrition and performance fitness programs.
- Manage proactively all contracts, budgets, satisfaction and relationships with between CH and strategic partners (see above list for examples).
- Manage per diem athletic trainer youth/community sports assignments and physician coverage schedules for games and physicals in collaboration with management team.
- Develop processes and systems to measure all clinical & business activities with school.
- Work with CEO & President to develop school-wide direct contracts with self-insure institutions (university, college, district or IU with key leaders (President, Superintendent, Principal, Athletic Director, etc).
3. Innovation & Business Development:
- Develop strategic plan to grow and enhance services delivered by the AT & HP department locally, regionally and potentially nationally.
- Create new programs, concepts and business models that extend our renowned program from bricks & mortar into digital (wearable technology, motion capture technology, concussion and occlusion testing).
- Individualized athlete, employer training & performance.
- Further development of a Women’s Sports program that integrates with CH Women’s Health Center.
- Ideation on new state-of-the-art sports and human center for student athletes and the community.
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in related field
- 2 years of experience, including graduate assistantship
- Experience as a certified athletic trainer in professional or intercollegiate athletics
- Appropriate education, training, and certification with the National Athletic Trainer’s Association (N.A.T.A.)
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer with PA licensure (or eligible)
- Experience with sports performance and fitness coaching (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist preferred)
COORDINATED SPORTS MEDICINE & HUMAN PERFORMANCE:
Our Sports Medicine Heritage & Story: Coordinated Health is the region’s leader in sports medicine and athletics. No orthopedic practice, sports medicine group or hospital network has treated more student athletes on and off the field. CH Sports Medicine was
founded in 1987 by CEO and founder, Dr. Emil DiIorio (a nationally recognized sports medicine and Orthopedic Surgeon). As Lehigh University Athletics’ first team physician, Dr. DiIoiro developed the practice’s “Rapid Return Recovery and Return to Play” program.
This unique approach started with a surgeon and athletic trainer on the field. They worked closely and communicated in real-time with the coach, athlete, their family and the athletic director. Utilizing CH”s continuum of care, they customize the right approach
to care, one patient at a time with the goal of safe, healthy rapid recovery and return to play. Nearly 500,000 student athletes later, CH is one of the nation’s largest, most awarded and celebrated team in sports medicine & athletics with more than 100 dedicated
OUR SPORTS MEDICINE & HUMAN PERFORMANCE PROGRAM:
- 50 Musculoskeletal Physicians
- 16 Fellowship-trained Surgeons (trained with top professional and collegiate teams)
- 3 Fellowship Trained Sports Medicine Primary Care & 2 Fellows (CH Sports Medicine Fellowship)
- 25+ Athletic Trainers
- 60+ Physical Therapists
- 4 Performance Coaches
- 17 clinics & centers of care
- 7 Care on Demand Orthopedic/Urgent Care Walk-in Centers
- 1 Orthopedic/Sports Medicine Urgent Care
CH SPORTS MEDICINE FIRSTS:
- Dedicated orthopedic team physicians on the field
- Athletic trainer placement in high schools
- Arthroscopic ACL repair
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Stem cell use in surgery for athletic injuries
- Empower Card Concierge Service 24/7 access to orthopedic surgeons
- Pioneered evening/weekend hours/Saturday surgery
- Weekend access to Orthopedics/sports medicine at six Care on Demand locations
- Athlete of the Week – Scholarship awards $50k annually to Greater Lehigh Valley high school athletes who showcase leadership both on and off the field.
||Send This Job to a Friend