Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held, physician-owned acute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided
by specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, transitional care units, multi-specialty clinics and walk-in centers. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and
general surgery. In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
- Ensures monthly closings are completed accurately and timely, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, adhering to a closing schedule.
- Ensures that asset and liability accounts are reconciled during month-end close to accurately reflect the ongoing operations of the company.
- Responsible for the compilation of the Monthly Operating Reports, inclusive of financial statements and supporting documentation.
- Assists with the budgeting process, gathering the total revenue and expenses of CH Holding, with reporting required before year end for the following year’s budget. All data needs to be entered into the ledger system for proper reporting, comparing actual
versus plan for the whole of the following year. The detail needs to roll down to clinics, hospitals, support businesses and physician teams.
- Ensures a 6 month budget update occurs to capture the big dollar changes to the budgets that were either unknown or changed from when the budgets were compiled.
- Assists with the sales tax audit, workers compensation audits, Cost Reports etc.
- Assists with the annual audit ensuring all records are current and completed properly and timely for auditor review.
- Runs monthly financial reports from the Management Reporter system and ties to the Internal Data Warehouse ensuring accuracy.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports as required by upper management.
- Understands and is proficient in using the company’s suite of financial / accounting software applications.
- Provide back-up knowledge and function within the department to ensure cross training throughout the team to assist with operational efficiency.
- Defines and implements improvements to accounting recordkeeping systems which enhance accuracy and efficiency.
- Makes recommendations for changes / enhancements to accounting policies and procedures, ensuring all expenses are business related and contain proper authorizations for payment.
- Any other tasks or projects as assigned by supervisor.
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of hands-on accounting experience is required; Health Services experience a plus.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Proficiency in ledger systems and reporting systems a must with experience using Great Plains preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Hands-on, self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a very fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Why Coordinated Health:
- The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
- Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers physicians
need to initiate treatment faster.
- World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle, Hand
& Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology, and Primary Care.
||Send This Job to a Friend