||Certified Medical Assistant
Position: Certified Medical Assistant
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7AM - 4:30PM
Location: Allentown, PA
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held cute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided by specialty
hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, multi-specialty clinics, walk-in centers and a rapid recovery suite. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and general surgery.
In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
At CH, we believe that position of the Medical Assistant (MA) is instrumental in creating the ultimate patient experience. The MA is often the first clinical staff member to see a patient.
1. Patient Satisfaction
- Accurately obtain and record the patient’s current and previous medical condition.
- Call patients by name and direct patients to the appropriate treatment rooms.
- Will document any past medical or surgical history; height and weight; any family or social history; any special needs of the patient; vital signs to include blood pressure, temperature, and heart rate; pain level at the time of the visit; and any medications
and/or medical allergies the patient reports.
- Removing staples or sutures, cleaning and dressing wounds or drawing blood or aspirating fluid as needed
- Respond to patient requests for prescription refills in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate communication and customer service skills.
2. Assisting Physician and Other Medical Staff
- Will work with and prepare lab specimens
- Will assist with clinical procedures and physical exams as needed.
- Assist with casting and bracing
- Sensitive and discrete regarding patient issues
- Conduct audiograms, EKGs, PFTs and TB screenings as needed
- Apply casts or remove casts as directed by doctor’s orders.
3. Help Maintain Patient Flow
- MAs explain the DME and the proper care instructions to the patient as well as complete the necessary DME forms and give a copy to the patient.
- Will place a copy of the DME form in the appropriate place to scan for inventory purposes.
- Will be responsible for regularly inspecting supplies of DME and place orders as needed.
The Next Step to Becoming a Medical Assistant: Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
- 1+ years of previous work history in a fast-paced physician office or hospital setting
- Previous experience with orthopedics a plus
- Current Medical Assistant Certification required
- Previous experience with phlebotomy and performing EKG’s a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Current BLS certification required
- Excellent communication skills are required along with strong computer literacy.
- All candidates must share our commitment to ensuring superior patient satisfaction, quality of care and cost-efficiency.
Why Coordinated Health:
The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers
physicians need to initiate treatment faster.
World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine, Foot
& Ankle, Hand & Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology, and Primary Care.
||Send This Job to a Friend