||Clerical Support Specialist - Full Time
Position: Clerical Support Specialist
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held, physician-owned acute-care hospital network in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey. CH’s focused regional network has 1,200 employees at 17 sites with an ambulatory-based continuum of care. Access is provided
by specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, transitional care units, multi-specialty clinics and walk-in centers. Service lines include musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women’s health and immediate and primary care, endocrinology, rheumatology, and
general surgery. In Bethlehem, CH has exclusively earned the U.S. government’s new 5-star top CMS rating for hospital patient service, has earned top safety and patient satisfaction scores from HealthGrades.
Key Skills for a Clerical Support Specialist:
At CH, we believe that position of the Clerical Support Specialist (CS) is instrumental in creating the ultimate patient experience. The CS is often the first staff member to see a patient. Key duties will include, but are not limited to:
1. Patient Satisfaction
- Prompt, friendly greeting of patients, visitors and surgery patients to CH.
- Provide prompt timely response to telephone or electronic requests for appointments and information.
- Monitor reception area for patient access, comfort, and cleanliness.
- Acts as liaison between patient, Provider, and ancillary facilities.
2. Clerical Support Responsibilities
- Acknowledge patient arrival through Practice Management (PM) system.
- Provide appropriate paperwork for visit and verify and update patient demographics, insurance, etc.
- Scan insurance and photo ID and collect co-pay and/or outstanding patient balance.
- Schedule patient for follow-up visit and/or testing
- Chart preparation
The Next Step To Becoming a Clerical Support Specialist: Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
1+ years of previous work history in a fast-paced physician office or hospital setting.
Excellent communication skills are required along with strong computer literacy.
All candidates must share our commitment to ensuring superior patient satisfaction, quality of care and cost-efficiency.
Interact professionally while prioritizing multiple tasks.
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Why Coordinated Health:
- The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
- Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers
physicians need to initiate treatment faster.
- World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine,
Foot & Ankle, Hand & Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology, and Primary Care.
||Send This Job to a Friend