Find a Club
Join Our Cause
Who We Are
Facts & Figures
Start a Club
Tour a Club
Find a Club
Alumni Hall of Fame
What We Do
Why We Care
Kids in Crisis
Open the Door to a Great Future
Meet Our Partners
Become a Sponsor
News & Events
Day for Kids
National BGC Week
Kids In Crisis
Open a Door To a Great Future
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Jobs Applied For
Local Club Career Opportunities
Local Club Positions
President and CEO
The Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Club of Pasadena is seeking a superior Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the agency in fulfilling its mission and in guiding the organization through a period of organizational change within the LA basin area.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIRED
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the human services sector with CEO or comparable senior level experience strongly preferred. Thorough knowledge of mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs, the principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations, and knowledge of resource development practices and activities.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations.
• Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, and delegation.
• Detailed knowledge of asset management, including financial resources and property management.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, boards of other organizations, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
The CEO is responsible for the overall management of the corporation, commensurate with the authority conferred by the Board of Directors and consistent with its expressed aims and policies. He/she will work closely with the Board to further the effectiveness of all aspects of the organization.
• Provides leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs and services, including the furtherance of the organization’s mission and principles, and ensures establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures.
• Establishes and maintains an ongoing and positive relationship with Boys & Girls Clubs of America at both the regional and national level.
• Responsible for the organization of the administrative functions of the corporation, including the delegation of certain duties, and establishes formal means of accountability on the part of subordinates.
• Determines and regularly monitors pertinent organizational data regarding membership, attendance, evaluations and written standards for all aspects of the organization.
• With full involvement of the appropriate board members and staff, ensures that strategic planning results in the development and implementation of an effective and dynamic plan for the future. In addition, monitors and updates the strategic plan, identifying and evaluating opportunities for improvements.
• Reports to the board on a regular basis the status of the strategic plan and other matters of importance.
• Advises and assists the Board of directors in designing and implementing a comprehensive board development process, including the identification, selection, orientation, recognition, evaluation and training of board members.
• Supports the active participation of board members in committees and task forces and oversees staff liaisons to board committees, ensuring the provision of information necessary to make sound decisions and determinations.
• Ensures the annual budget is funded and the organization has adequate cash flow.
• Participates in cultivation and solicitation visits with the development staff and board members. Works closely with development staff in identifying and researching potential funding sources and strategies.
• Organizes the administrative organization and functions of the organization to include the delegation of certain duties and establishment of means of accountability of subordinates.
• Establishes a capital budget of the organization, working with appropriate board members and staff.
Partnership Development: Develops strategic alliances with community leaders and organizations that enhance the mission accomplishment of the organization.
Marketing and Public Relations: Increases the visibility of the organization and communicates a clear vision, both internally and externally. Possess credibility.
Technology: Coordinates the development and implementation of plans for the optimal use of technology at all levels of the organization and ensures the development and implementation of plans for updating existing technology and resources that result in timely and accurate management data and information.
Send This Job to a Friend
The Official Site of Boys & Girls Clubs of America.