Responsible for the supervision of staff to perform various arts and crafts, gym, game room, computer activities, and Boys & Girls Club National Programs. Will be involved in the age-specific planning, preparing, and delivering of structured activities. In charge of the overall safety, welfare, and security of the PEP program and evening program. Expected hours of work will be Monday from 10:30am-7pm and Tuesday-Friday from 12pm-8:30pm with some changes as needed according to company needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Focus on the children at all times. Welcome and get to know the children, ensuring that their enjoyment is your prime concern. Care for and encourage children, integrating unhappy children.
· Ensure the Health and Safety of children. Be fully aware of Health and Safety policies and inform the Director of any contravention of policy. Ensure that the staff is aware of all risks and relevant safety policies. Know the EEC guidelines and what is expected.
· Plan, prepare and deliver a quality, fun program of activities, integrating your own ideas and utilizing those materials available on BGCA site. Have all schedules turned into the Director of Operations prior to the beginning of each month. These schedules should be copied and posted on the PEP board as well as in each core area. Must become aware of EEC state mandated regulations.
· Ensure the safe and effective use of venue facilities and equipment. Respect the venue facilities and ensure they are treated with care and left clean and tidy at the end of each day. Check the equipment and resources daily to prevent loss of equipment and identify damaged items. When leaving an area, make sure all items are returned properly and areas are cleaned. Maintain and record details of stock replenishment required, and report directly to the Director of Operations.
· Responsible for overall supervision of assigned staff. Make sure staff follows and adheres to all rules and policies of the Club including but not limited to uniform (staff shirts or name tags), working assigned schedule, following schedule of activities, and expected behavior. Staff evaluations will be done 3 months after the start of the school year. Monthly supervisions of the staff will be conducted.
· Program Director is the lead staff of the after school program and evening program and will also be involved in summer programming. Responsible for overall supervision of all children including but not limited to children’s behavior, medication distribution, administering and documentation of first aid, completion and distribution of incident reports to all guardians, and any parent/child supervisions that are necessary.
· Program Director must have all documents and/or supplies prepared for field trip days. Responsible for accurate counts on field trip days for lunches and any admission required. Receipts must be kept of all expenditures and returned to the main office upon completion of the field trip. Any coolers must be returned and accounted for. Make sure trash and paper bags are brought on field trips for easy distribution of food and then safe disposal of waste products. Responsible to notify all direct staff of bus departures to ensure on time arrival to the destinations.(when applicable).
· Directly responsible for the program in relation to education and implementation of the Club’s homework help program. Will be responsible for measuring outcomes and tracking the children’s progress in school. Also will enter program information in Membership Tracking software.
· Make sure appropriate bulletin boards are kept up to date (Member of the Month, Power Hour) and that art work is prominently displayed in areas of the Club (near Art Room, lobby).
· Will be direct contact for parental issues in relation to the PEP or after school drop in program.
· Will be responsible for closing the building on various occasions, and needs to understand the closing procedures.