Oversee agency Club and Outreach programs with primary concern for program delivery & management and staff development; outcomes evaluation and demonstrated impact; quality staff hiring and training; facilities and operations management.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities)
Leadership and Supervisory
· Demonstrated ability to organize, effectively supervise and manage staff, direct and coordinate Club operations, oversee the retention of quality program personnel; oversee facilities management.
· Ensure BGCA membership requirements are met and BGCWR policies and procedures are followed. Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure volunteer needs in Clubs are met and volunteers are supervised to a successful experience with BGCWR.
· Will supervise the part-time Facilities/Maintenance Coordinator.
· Responsible to keep all Club facilities and vehicles in a safe and clean condition and in good repair at all times.
· Will be expected to drive agency vans as needed.
· Work closely with appropriate agencies to ensure the safety of all Club members.
· Ensure all Club staff is trained on Child Safety procedures.
· Remain abreast of new initiatives, programs, trainings on bgca.net
· Ensure all Club staff is registered on bgca.net and use the available tools to deliver top notch programs.
Programs / Measurements / Outcomes
· Oversee the implementation and delivery of exceptional programs, services and activities that facilitate the successful achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
· Must focus on Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship and Healthy Habits.
· Recommends modifications to improve program performance, as appropriate.
· Responsible to manage agency wide outcome measurements.
· Able to communicate and demonstrate successful program delivery & impact to donors, board, staff and community leaders via data tracking and analysis.
· Responsible for program staff training in areas of youth development, with appropriate and effective praise, recognition and accountability.
· Must build an effective team of Youth Development Staff and effectively manage conflict among parents, members and staff.
· Ensure collected data is consistent across Club sites and measurement tools are designed to demonstrate intentional impact on members, i.e. pre & post tests, Stride Academy, etc.
· Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
· Plan and implement a staff development and training program.
· Develop the operations and program budget.
· Control Club program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
· Manage administrative and operational processes, overseeing the maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment, information technology and other facilities.
· Will work with vendors to ensure IT and physical facilities are in good order.
· Will work closely with Director of Resource Development to ensure all grant/funding requirements are met for reporting and outcomes measurement.
· Will compile and supply details and reports to the DRD to meet all required deadlines.
· Identify & develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
· Support Board Committees, as assigned.
· Marketing/Public Relations & Special Events
· Participate in activities to maintain good public relations for organization, including Club programs, services, special events, and activities.
· Assist in all areas of the Club as directed. Will provide tours for guests, donors, community leaders, interns, and volunteers as needed.
· Will work harmoniously with all internal staff and volunteers.
· Required to attend and assist with BGCWR special events and fundraisers as directed.
· Will respond timely to all external and internal written and electronic communications from staff, volunteers and Club associates.
· Will act as one of the responders to the alarm company in the event of Club emergencies.
· All other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close contact and communicate openly and regularly with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts and communicates openly and regularly with Chief Executive Officer and as assigned with the Board and its Committees.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, and others.