Directs / manages overall daily operations of the designated Clubhouse with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration.
· Establish Unit programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
· Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
· Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Unit overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
· Manage Unit financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
· Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups.
· Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for unit staff and volunteers. Conduct regular staff meetings.
· Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
· Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community.
· Develop, recruit and cultivate positive working relationships with Unit Advisory Board in order to promote the overall program and club needs.
· Ensures that all program goals and objectives are being met within the clubhouse.
· Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
· Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs / activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
· May participate in special programs and events and / or participate in the implementation of Unit activities, as necessary.
· May consult with parents concerning members and unit issues.
· Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment.
· Work with staff on special events to carry out programs.
· Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
· Consult with parents concerning members and unit issues.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues and provide / receive information. Maintains contact with Branch Boards. Has regular contact with members, as needed to discipline, advise and counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in developing positive relationships and resolving problems, as well as, publicize the Club.