Under limited supervision leads, manages, directs and monitors overall daily operations of a club with primary concern for program and service delivery/outcomes. He/she will be responsible for recruiting and retaining staff as well as training and development. Maintains targeted membership and attendance while utilizing volunteers as necessary.
Club Leadership and Strategic Planning
· Communicates, implements, and enforces organization’s operational policies and procedures. Evaluates opportunities to improve club operations; designs and communicates strategies to implement improvements.
· Plans for and ensures environment, programs, and services prepare youth for success. Ensures programs delivered result in positive outcomes.
· Seeks optimum use of club facilities, staff and resources to fulfill organization’s mission and strategic plan. Analyzes club’s needs, resources, and community demographics to identify and implement actions to optimize club use by disadvantaged and at-risk community.
· Analyzes and reviews club’s membership levels and average daily attendance and develops and implements strategies to increase membership. Plans and takes actions required to obtain community and volunteer support.
· Ensures Human Resources policies and procedures are communicated and followed, including those on recruiting, compensation , benefits, and employee relations.
· Handles crisis situations and takes action to resolve conflicts, disputes and/or concerns of staff, club members, volunteers, and/or parents.
· Demonstrates an ability to describe, and interpret program evaluation methods, and create action plans based on results. Specifically APAS
· Program Impact Achieved: Evaluation of programming activity is regularly & consistently reviewed. Action steps are implemented, reviewed & updated regularly and program improvements are made as a regular process.
Club Management & Development
· Collaborates with Regional Field Services Director to determine staffing levels and hours that best support effective club operations and program delivery.
· Provides direct and indirect supervision to full-time professionals and part-time professionals and recognizes accomplishments. Develops agenda and conducts regular staff meetings.
· Develops performance objectives for direct reports; monitors performance, provides on-going and periodic feedback on performance; ensures same activities are followed by club management. Utilizes interns and volunteers to support club initiatives.
Club Programs & Services
· Ensures designated and daily year-round and summer programs are delivered, that programs meet stated objectives, member needs and interests, and are organized and engaging; monitors programs and collaborates with staff to plan and implement improvements. Plans and implements procedures to measure and report outcomes. Ensures BGCA’s “Commitment to Quality” is communicated, understood and followed. Ensures club’s special events and field trips are properly planned and supervised.
· Collaborates with Regional Field Services Director to develop budget that supports club needs; monitors and controls expenditures and reports variances. Approves club’s expenditures to authorized level and ensures expenditures considered costs and best value.
Community Relations & Collaborative Partnerships
· Participates in activities to maintain good public relations for club’s programs, services and advertise need for scholarship funds. Collaborates with community leaders to support club-initiated events to raise money and for support of club programs and activities through in-kind donations.
· Supports organization’s fundraising initiatives, such as Youth of the Year, by planning, implementing and monitoring progress on staff and club members toward meeting objectives. Refers to AFSD any grants or fundraising opportunities identified that could support club programs and activities; approval and action on grants rests with Resource Development.
· Implements strategies to track and report grant deliverables. Oversees and monitors grant implementation performance to insure compliance.
Club Facility and Property
· Assesses risk and implements programs and policies to minimize loss and exposure to loss. Identifies, prioritizes and communicates to Regional Field Services Director capital improvements needed; monitors approved projects to completion.
· Communicates and enforces organization’s policies, procedures and standards with regard upkeep, usage and maintenance of buildings, grounds, vehicles, equipment and pools; monitors same for compliance.
· Communicates policies on and approves requests by outside organizations to use club, equipment and grounds when club is closed and ensure professional BGCMA staff is secure facility and monitor use.
· Plans and takes action to ensure club is safe, attractive, and well-maintained. Plans and takes action to ensure club’s building, equipment and grounds are maintained with repairs accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Observes members and works with staff to correct unsafe behaviors, to enforce safety rules and to communicate safety guidelines. Ensures emergency procedures are implemented and followed and takes actions to prevent accidents.
· Ensures information and other data maintained on programs, membership, etc. are accurate and timely.
· Responds to developments and operations needs for information to support fundraising initiatives by developing, maintaining and preparing appropriate records and reports.
· Prepares accurate, timely paperwork required to hire, compensate, transfer, terminate and discipline employees; maintains and secures confidential club employee files and records. Prepares reports for Unit Board that describes club’s successes, challenges, opportunities and needs.