||Chief Information & Technology Officer
||BG Information Technology
Berkshire Group's core competency is in the multifamily real estate segment and is widely recognized as a fully integrated multifamily investment management firm. With properties extending throughout the United
States, Berkshire Group provides investors with national reach and local market presence and expertise.
Berkshire Group has leveraged the tremendous talent and the deep bench strength of its team to become a fully integrated company capable of acquisitions, value creation, asset rehabilitation, professional property
management, and disposition services. The ability to provide all of these core services and effectively utilize entrepreneurial sourcing to maximize efficiency is what sets Berkshire Group apart from its competitors.
We are searching for a Chief Information & Technology Officer who is a self-starter, assertive, confident, and enthusiastic to be part of our IT team in our Boston, MA office. Under the general direction of the Managing Director, Chief Operating
and Administrative Officer (“MD, COO/CAO”), the Chief Information & Technology Officer (CITO) will provide leadership to, and management of, the Information Technology department and set the long-term vision for the Firm’s information-based functions and technology.
He or she will guide the development, implementation, support (including training), and use of technology in meeting Firm and client needs. He or she will also be responsible for the Firms Cyber Security and Data Privacy needs as well as Disaster Recovery
and Business Continuity. This includes staying abreast of new technologies and product developments, understanding client and user needs, formulating practical solutions, setting multi-year strategic plans for the Firm’s technology and use of information,
and working with area teams to increase the effectiveness of their management of information and technology. The CITO will be responsible for managing and developing the human, financial, and technological assets of the Information and Technology department.
The CITO will also be required to make operational decisions daily regarding prioritization of work, resource allocation, negotiating purchases and service contracts with vendors, as well as set and manage both IT capital and expense budgets.
- The primary functions of the CITO is to deliver business solutions to information management that will help increase efficiencies across the Berkshire platform through strategic IT initiatives that drive better decision making, risk management, client service,
efficiency, timeliness, quality control, and effectiveness.
- Create the firm’s information and technology strategy and present a roadmap to meet the strategy goals. Must communicate information and technology plans and solutions Firm-wide, building consensus and support as needed.
- The CITO will need to put together an information and technology strategy to support the Firm wide goals and operations of the firm.
- Ensure that the firm has a robust and comprehensive Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity program in place.
- Lead the Firm’s Cyber Security & Data Privacy initiatives to ensure the Firm’s and client data is protected.
- Ensure effective use of the Firm’s systems through the development and maintenance of a comprehensive training program for all new technologies as well as refresher training on existing technologies.
- Build effective teams; Establish accountability and operating standards; Oversee IT performance management-related projects and tasks
- Must be able to develop, justify, and manage an IT operating expense budget and a variable capital budget.
- Must be able to develop an annual capital budget consisting of vetted and approved capital projects and implementation/training plans.
- Must have a very good understanding of budget management processes, cash flow, and ability to negotiate payment plans without delaying project timelines. Continuously strive to increase the Firm’s effectiveness through the use of information technologies,
while simultaneously reducing costs.
- Represent the Firm in trade organizations (NCREIF, NAREIM, NMHC, etc.)
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact. Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership
of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behavior in performing their roles.
- Work with the AVP, IT and IT team members to implement capacity planning standards to ensure the systems can support the Firm’s growth.
- Lead the Firm’s Information Governance & Information Management initiatives.
- Develop and lead the Firm’s Knowledge Management initiative.
- Continuously improve existing solutions through either hardware or software upgrades, as needed, or migration to new solutions if appropriate.
- Align the Firm’s technology and communications infrastructure with the Firm’s strategic and business goals by interfacing with firm leadership on a regular basis
- Work with the AVP, IT to develop, implement, and maintain best practices for the Firm’s third-party data center operations to minimize downtime, and ensure all systems operate at peak efficiency.
- Develop managers and leaders; succession planning
- Work with the IT support manager to ensure proper end-user SLAs are supporting the operations of the firm.
- Responsible for all IT related Sarbanes Oxley compliance, SAS 70 and security issues
The Firm may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor is to limit the Firm right to assign other functions to an employee in this position.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 15 years of professional experience with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior IT/leadership role
- Demonstrates excellent management skills with in-depth knowledge of computer operations and technology
- Demonstrated experience evaluating, selecting, defining work scope of, negotiating contracts, and working with third-party software and service providers
- Has at least ten years’ experience managing technology personnel
- Has strong business analysis and project management skills
- Has proven track record of working with senior executives to execute IT/IS strategy and initiatives
- Must have extensive investment management industry experience
- Real estate industry experience a plus
- Proven ability to manage global IT, IS and risk management issues across multiple domestic locations
- Excellent time management, communication, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Yardi, Dynamo, and/or Office 365 a plus
Technical/ Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in Information Technology
- Understands what computer technology and software applications are needed to run a successful business and minimize business risk
||Send This Job to a Friend